- Mix dry ingredients together. Quickly add olive oil and water. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Beat vigorously for three minutes (preferably with a stand mixer ).
- Scrape batter into a greased loaf or baguette pan. Try to Mound the top a bit.
- Let rise in a warm place for 40-50 minutes or until a little more than double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400° and bake bread for 40-50 minutes. DO NOT use a convection oven which will cause the crust to brown too quickly.
- When the bread is done, it should sound hollow when tapped on the sides. Or if you want to get a little more technical, the internal temperature should reach between 205° and 215°.
- When done, immediately remove from pan and let cool on rack at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- After that, your only challenge is to refrain from eating the whole thing (with butter of course), because seriously, it’s that good.